Qualifications: Facilities Management or Construction related
This a great opportunity to work directly with a client looking after a portfolio of properties within Dubai. The client has great staff retention having employees in the Dubai office who have part of the business for over 25 years, having moved within the business from the United Kingdom.
The main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supervise and monitor construction and refurbishment work of high-end commercial and residential properties;
- Prepare and monitor all planned and reactive maintenance activities with the goal of improving overall project reliability and ensuring owner satisfaction;
- Liaise with contractors, engineers, project managers, building professionals, relevant government authorities and building management companies;
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances and expenditures and manage overall cost efficiencies within contracts;
- Communicate effectively with the owners and ensure business continuity is always maintained with specific attention to reporting;
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency;
- Respond effectively to emergencies in any of the properties and propose and implement recommendations and action items;
- Seek to obtain best value from suppliers and resolve queries relating to invoices and accounts as and when required;
- Prepare and review O&M manuals and comply and implement best practice Health and Safety standards across all assets.
Successful candidate should possess the following qualities and skills:
- Possess at least 3-5 years of experience in the UAE construction industry;
- Strong understanding of MEP works, integration and fault-finding ability on installations/systems;
- Thorough knowledge, monitoring and interrogation of BMS/home automation/AV/IT;
- Competent knowledge of CAD drawings and blueprints;
- Possess understanding of maintenance contracts for PPM;
- Understand technical specifications and implementation to meet code compliance.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Mature and responsible;
- Able and willing to take ownership of assigned tasks;
- Attentive to details;
- Proactive and efficient;
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
- Professional, discreet and trustworthy;
- Dedicated and highly organised;
- Able to multitask and prioritise tasks;
- Capable to provide exceptionally high quality deliverables;
- Able to think on his feet and act quickly.
- IT literate with strong command of Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Hold a valid UAE driving licence;
- Willing to travel overseas as needed.