Qualifications: BSc or HND Quantity Surveying
- Support Commercial Manager in the development of the commercial strategy by providing input from the perspective of the commercial division, ensuring that relevant goals and objectives are incorporated.
- Overall management of the estimating department, processes and team inclusive of estimators and their support staff.
- Review all tender enquiries, prepare tender analysis report and review with Commercial Manager & General Manager in order to participate in the tender.
- Review the comprehensive tender bid, complete all aspects of pricing submissions finalize all estimate and tendering aspects relevant to the project implementation and prepare realistic and competitive estimate of labour and material cost to enable company to win the tender.
- Plan, organize, and control construction-estimating activities in a business-like manner. Write, review, and issue contracts for management review according to submitted bids to determine cost and stated duration of project.
- Participate in the post tender negotiation/clarification with clients and also provide value engineered options to arrive at a tangible decision on tenders with a view to secure business interest and maximum profit as well as ensure a favorable risk allocation and shield the business from any unaccounted risks.
- Ensure that, upon award of the project a summary of the job including cost of labour, material, quantity and quality of the materials is prepared as per the specification of the client and is timely issued to Operations team to enable efficient takeover.
- Manage and monitor construction cost data base to order and track purchased materials, labor and supplies needed for projects, and monitors/ reviews and oversees contracts submitting bids that determine cost and stated duration of project.
- Communicate with both internal departments/customers and external customers keeping them informed of events, plan changes/modifications, related activities and answering questions.
- Guide, mentor and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles