The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing business opportunities into winning projects and meeting sales targets in a given territory or service line – including involvement in lead generating and proposal development activities. These will include marketing, client liaison, populating and managing the client data base (CRM), and development of new business (new customers, geographical locations etc.)
Working closely with the Regional Business Development Manager, reporting on your activities is weekly and monthly. However, ability to work independently is crucial in this role, with self-motivated performance key to success. Although reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be part of the overall Regional Business Delivery team that operates in the region in various Business Lines of the organization.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Minimum B.Sc. or M.Sc. level in civil engineering/earth sciences.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience; project management, client relationship management, engineering, and / or a business development role, preferably in a land (ideally engineering IT) industry
- Demonstrable business development and commercial management, and proposal experience and marketing abilities within the engineering, IT or contracting industry
- Strong personality, goal-minded and proactive approach to team work, development of relationships, and a tenacity to seek out all possible opportunities
- Demonstrable ability to both exceed targets and work to tight deadlines efficiently
- Ability to work independently to develop the business delivery role, increasing the customer base and ultimately assisting the department to grow along with the company goals
- Ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from a variety of countries and cultures
- Proficiency in English language. Preference will be shown for other linguistic ability (Arabic a significant plus)
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Competent ICT user including MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Access
- Min. 3-5 years project management skills;